Tuesday 19 June 2012

New Flame Gets Swapped For Old Flame

25 year old David State swapped his torch with one of the police officers, and dropped onto one knee and proposed to his girlfriend yesterday.
He was carrying the torch between Marske-by-the-Sea and Loftus, when he proposed to his 8 month pregnant girlfriend Christine Langham."I was in shock, and I think I still am!" Said Christine, "It was emotional enough watching him carry the torch, but then he topped it off by proposing"
"I tried not to cry but I started to sob and I said yes" She added.

David was selected to carry the torch as he raised over £15,000 for selected charities. He came up with the plan in February, after he was announced as a torchbearer. As he told the Daily Mail, the only problem with his plan was that he had to leave his fiancee behind after the proposal so he could finish his part of the torch relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment