Thursday 17 May 2012

Poetry.

Poetry will help you in life. It's helps you get through unacceptable situations. Poetry is used at weddings, funerals, christenings as well as at home.


Many people write a commentary with their poem. A commentary is where you get your inspiration from. I decided to write a poem on loneliness, this is my commentary...


I chose to do my poem on ‘Loneliness’ because it used to happen to someone who I care about in my family. Loneliness is an unpleasant feeling, it’s hard to get on with life without having many friends. My family member use to think that he was so unreal, that he thought he might just drift away.

Luckily, there are a number of ways to overcome loneliness. My relation found one way that worked and everything went back to normal.


Now you know my commentary, here is my poem...


You always have your ups and downs

Seeing him come home like this makes me cry a river of tears

Such a pity

A boy not even ten, he feels so alienated and alone…

No one could see his pain and reach out to him.

One day I hope he will find one trusted friend or one

special teacher

to help him become his normal self and bring the light back to his eyes.



He feels all alone, small and weak

Scared to go out, even to speak

The things they say, the things they do

Would you like it, if it were you?


This poem made my cousin smile.
Do you have a poem that helps you in life?

By Phoebe Morton (Self generated).

No comments:

Post a Comment