Thursday 17 May 2012

83 Year Old Becomes Oldest Kidney Doner.

83 year old gave his 'perfect kidney' to a strangers.

Nicholas Crace is part of the altruistic donors club which gives a kidney to the NHS and then they are given to strangers. The tests from the hospital showed his kidney functions like a 40 year olds. " I knew that 7,000 people are waiting for a kidney and that one person dies almosty everyday on the waiting list" siad the former leader of the charity.

"The surgeon congratulated me for my perfect kidneys" Mr Crace said.Mr Crace explained that his thoughts turned to donating a kidney after his wife Brigid died last summer.He also realised he was too old to be a bone marrow or blood donor, having given blood 57 times previously." After all im in good health and i only need one kidney to do my life so i thought i should let some one else have a better chance of living with my other kidney"

No comments:

Post a Comment