Sunday 30 October 2011

Film Review: Paranormal Activity 3 (spoilers)


Paranormal activity 3 is a prequel to the other 2 films; Katie gives a box of old videotapes to her pregnant sister, Kristi, and Kristi's husband, Daniel. A year on Kristi and Daniel's house is burgled and the only thing missing was the tapes. So what was on the tapes? Well, then the film goes even more back to Katie and Kristi’s childhood and it seems they didn’t have a normal one.

I must admit I did jump a lot and maybe I hid behind my hands but I did not scream. I watched it with my friends; but I wouldn’t watch it alone as you will get mega frightened. But don’t worry, as they’re some funny parts to lighten the mood for a bit. This film is great to watch with friends as you can all hold hands and be scared together. They are some awesome scenes in this film; my favourite part is when the mum is in the kitchen and it's a mess, stuff everywhere. She walks out and then returns in a second and finds all the stuff on the sides of the kitchen are gone. Then suddenly the stuff falls from the ceiling, smashing all over the floor (everyone jumped of of their seats at this point).

The problem with all the Paranormal Activities films is that the characters are stupid. If your house had ghosts in you would leave; not film it to make it angrier. In one scene, the ghost/demon is attacking one of the girls; she is screaming and being thrown all over the place, yet the parents were watching TV and sleeping; how did they not hear her? Also they’re lots of good clips in the trailer that made me want to see the film that wasn’t even in the film. One scene I was looking forward to is when the Kristi is painting and her mum is beside her. Kristi tells her mum that the ghost/demon is next to her; the mum looks around and says, “I can’t see him.” Then Kristi says, “He’s standing right next to you.” and throws water on the demon. You can see the outline of him and he gets angry and throws things around.

Over all I think this is a good film, you will enjoy it if you liked the first two or if you like a good horror film. I give it a 7 out of 10; check it out at the cinema, don’t wait for the DVD; it’s not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment