Wednesday 5 June 2013

Do Your Parents Ever Embarrass You In Public?

People on the CBBC newsround have commented about how embarrassing their parents can be. Lots of people are bothered about their parents: especially when they give them a hug or a kiss!
Here are some of the comments…

"There is this girl I really like and whenever my mom comes to school she likes to kiss and hug me and she always seems to do it when the girl I like is around."

"When my parents are trying to act cool so my dad says, 'Yea... I'm down with the kids.' It really embarrasses me!"

"I love my parents lots, but when it comes to going to school with my dad, I sometimes wish I could walk all by myself because he shouts from the car, when I am walking up the path: 'Love you Beanie, see you after school, and listen to the teacher!'"

"Both my parents are terrible dancers and they always dance at my parties in front of my friends! I cringe so badly when this happens."

"My parents embarrass me in public by kissing each other at restaurants. I know they are trying to be affectionate but it gets annoying."

"Sometimes my stepdad puts music on the TV and then he dances to it with my mum in the living room, with the curtains open in broad daylight!"

"I hate it when my dad sings in public at the top of his voice with the window down when I am in the car!"

"My dad is a builder, and when he's working nearby on a scaffold and sees me, he'll shout out my name so everyone can hear, and then start singing songs to me! It's so embarrassing, but everybody else just finds it funny!"

"My parents are lovely. I don't care if they embarrass me, even if they trump near me, I don't mind."

"My mum comes into my room at random times when I'm watching TV or listening to music and does silly dances. Especially when my friends are over - it's so embarrassing."

As you can see, there are a wide percentage of people who are embarrassed by their parents. On the other hand, people like their mum or dad acting cool! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment