Wednesday 5 September 2012

Spider-man review

The Amazing Spider-Man

Plot - Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared when he was young. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner (IMDB.com).



I'm a big fan of the Tobey Maguire films, so I was looking forword to seeing this film. I watched it in 3D IMAX and it's amazing!!! It looks so awesome flying through the city with Spider-Man. 
However, I think I like the 2002 film better, as I felt there was more heart in the film with Peter and his uncle and aunt. I think Andrew Garfield is a good actor, but I don't think he is nerdy enough for Peter Parker. Emma Stone is also a good actor but I liked the character of

Mary Jane Watson more. In most super hero films the main female role has a happy family and their dad is in the army or police, which gets old. When Mary had a very unhappy family, she was different. 

The story is ok but you know whats going to happen and most people have seen the 2002 film. Which means you don't get that sad when his uncle dies. I didn't like how the villain looked as well; his flat face was weird and he should have had a snout, as thats more lizard like. Also the soundtrack was horrible; in one scene where the Lizard is looking for Emma Stone's character, it sounds like a child's playing the piano and smashing the keys down. Also, I hated the fact he built a machine that let him shoot webs, unlike the 2002 where he had it as a power. So... the new Spider Man has the power to climb. 


Over all it wasn't as good as the 2002 film, it only looked better (better CGI), and I probably wouldn't get it on DVD.

1 comment: