Friday 29 June 2012

4 Year Old Boy Banned From School Because Of His Mowhalk Hair

A 4 year old boy, Kain Ball has been told he is not allowed to return to his class at Wyken Croft Primary School  unless he does something with his mini mowhawk.

Kain's mum Hannah also a hairdresser has been angered by the schools decision following the hair cut last week. The head of the school dissaproves of the cut and is apparently too extreme and against the schools policy.
His mum first heard about this was when his teacher came running up to her and said that the head had a problem with his hair. She said she didn't have a problem with it herself.
"I didn't know what the problem was, so I thought I'd just leave it."

But when he went back to the school on Friday, his teacher said the head teacher said his hairstyle is too extreme and that it's against the schools policy so he can't go back on Monday unless it's cut.

"I was very shocked because I couldn't see anything wrong with it. Kain is autistic and is scared of having his hair cut. He goes into a fit. I think his hair style is smart. I'm going to stick to my guns."

Hannah went into school with Kain on Monday to speak to the headteacher Derek Gardiner, with Kain's hair unchanged.
His mum said to the head, "What's wrong with Kain's hair that you want me to change?" Then the head replied, "It's too extreme, it is against the schools policy and when Kain joined the school I signed an agreement that pupils aren't allowed to have extreme hair."


She replyed by saying: "Kain's hair's is not extreme. It would be extreme if his hair had five-inch spikes and was dyed green. I've been a hairdresser since I left school and have cut thousands of children's hair in the same style. I've asked other parents at the school and they don't think it's extreme. Even my dad, who's quite old fashioned, thinks it's stylish. I always send Kain to school in a clean uniform and looking smart. Because he's autistic, it's difficult to find anything that will make him happy. His hair makes him happy. Why should it be taken away?"

Hannah is keeping Kain off school and is going to complain to the schools  governing body with the hope the decision will be overturned.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to double check your work before you post a story, there were a few mistakes in this piece. (Checked/edited*Emily B)

    ReplyDelete