Saturday 10 December 2011

The Thing Film Review


At an Antarctic research site, they have discovered an alien craft and a shape-shifting alien. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm a huge fan of John Carpenters The Thing (1982). I thought is was amazing; the plot, the acting, the music, and the special affects were perfect. So I was really excited to seen a newer version of it, but I had low expectations as I thought that nothing could top John's The Thing; and I was right. This film is a good film, I would recommend watching it in the cinema and maybe getting it on DVD. It has a similar plot but contains a lot more jumpy bits. I love the idea that you can't trust anyone as throughout the film your asking yourself who the alien is, which is great fun. This is a prequel to theJohn Carpenters film which I think is a great idea but we see a lot of the same things which bored me. The special affects in this are okay but sometimes the CGI looked unrealistic. What I like the most was how it ended, which was when Johns films starts.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment