Tuesday 8 November 2011

Interview With Richard Sargent

Richard Sargent
Favourite:
Subject? Drama
Colour? Red
Number? 13 as it is my international number
TV series? Big Brother- Incredible acting
My Spy Family- So much comedy
Actor to work with? Joe Tracini
Biggest:
Fan? My mum
Inspiration? My dad
Achievement? Silver medal at Europeans
Goal? To win gold at the Paralympics
Where do you see yourself in 20 years time?
Hopefully retired at home with a gold medal.
What do you think could publicise Wheelchair basketball further?
Regular game coverage like football.
Favourite/Least favourite training structure?
It has to be the 2 mile uphill push!
How do you balance your social life on top of your career?
My social life takes a huge stop. I think having the supporting friends around balances it out.
How much would you sacrifice for basketball?
I would sacrifice everything. I’ve already moved to Nottingham because of it.
What is a fall back option if you are injured?
My TV work.
What is your ideal job after you retire from basketball?
I hope to set up my own night club before I am 30. This will be my retirement plan.
What gets you pumped up before a game?
Before each game I listen to Eminem album recovery.
Do you remember your first game? What happened?
My first game was with Yorkshire at a regional tournament and I didn’t score a basket!
When was your GB debut?
First game with GB was at Telford when we played against Holland.
How much effort do you put in?
I put the same amount of effort in GB games as other games because I hate losing!

Do you plan to do any more acting?
I plan to keep acting although I am doing more presenting now.

Do you enjoy acting or basketball more?
I always show my loyalty to Basketball as it got me into acting in the first place.
What is the most rewarding about acting?
To see the finished show at the end and seeing people enjoying watching it.
Least rewarding?
The 5 o clock starts have got to be the worst bits.
What work are you doing with your team mate Billy Bridge?
Billy and I are working on a project called find the sport you love. It is running with battlefront which is part of channel 4 education. The idea is to get young people more involved with all kinds of sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment