Tuesday 8 November 2011

Interview With Harry Brown

Favourite: Subject?
PE/ Food technology
Colour?
Orange
Number?
6 or 12
Band/Singer?
Dunwell Brothers
Song?
I could be king.
Movie?
Toy Story
TV series?
Family Guy
Biggest: Fan?
My mum
Inspiration?
Joni Pollock
Achievement?
European Gold Medal
Goal?
2012 +
Where do you see yourself in 20 years time?
One of the great players of the game
What do you think could publicise Wheelchair basketball further?
More marketing
Favourite/ Least favourite training structure?
Training seven days a week is great because I love basketball but also least favourite because you don’t have time for anything else.
How do you manage to balance your social life on top of your carreer?
To be honest I don’t. The only friends I properly have are those from basketball and the only time I get to see Jodie (my girlfriend) is when I have time off or a three day weekend which is once every few months.
How much would you sacrifice for basketball?
Id just about give everything for basketball except family. Family always comes first.
What is your fall back option if you get injured or for when you change careers?
Either coaching or admin- I’m pretty good with computers.
What age do you plan to retire?
35-40 years old.
What gets you pumped up before a game?
A good warm up and self thoughts.
Do you remember your first game? What happened?
It was 4th division against Bury Blue Devils when I scored my first ever lay-up and got my first technical foul for shouting ‘shot’ behind a guy whilst he was shooting a lay-up.
When was your debut?
For GB men's squad- A tournament in Italy
How much effort do you put into a game?
I put every last bit of effort into a game- If it is to get in front of a player or help out my team even on bench to get my juniors to score I work for every little bit.
What is your disability?
I’m a double amputee
What is it like being disabled?
I don’t know any different because I lost my legs when I was only 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment