Friday 8 June 2012

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax Film Review



Plot - A 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. (IMDB.com) 

I went to see this film with high expectations and sadly the film did not live up to them. This film is very childish, so it's not aimed for teenagers or even adults. I think only kids will like it. It wasn't like Toy Story when everyone can enjoy it; unlike Toy Story it had a very predictable plot, there was no tension at all, and it was very dull. However, the cinematic photography was good, looking at the film is entertaining. This film is kind of a musical, which I didn't know until they all burst out into song. The songs where okay; however I think the film would have been better without them. The characters in this film are very likeable, you do feel for them but because there was no tension so you couldn't feel scared or sorry for them.  

I would give this film 6.4 out of 10, If your 6 and under you will probably love it but any older and you might find it boring. For me I will not be buying the DVD but I would recommend it to younger kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment